Mini Party People – Frequently asked questions
Booking a party
- To book a party, simply use our website show the items that you want and we will organise a quote for you which will include delivery items.
- When booking a party, the more notice we have the better. But normally booking the hire 4-6 weeks in advance is enough time to insure that you will receive the items that you need.
- All orders have to be paid in full before we will deliver or to reserve the goods.
Hire items only
- To hire only, just go through our range of hire items. We will then give you a quote and work with you to make sure that you have the best combination of items for your party
- When placing an order, we can also help you theme your party and co-ordinate all the items.
- Minimum order for hire is $100.00.
- All furniture has a 6% damage waiver added onto the invoice.
- All hires have a security deposit of $100.00. Our hire contract will individually lists the cost of replacing all items for hire in case of breakage, chipping or damage. This deposit is refunded on the return of the hire items.
Buying items only
- We can send out any items you require via registered Australia Post, you will be emailed a tracking number, so you can see when the goods will arrive. Please make sure you keep this number until the items arrive safely into your possession.
- You can collect the goods from our store in 18 Hewitt St, Cheltenham VIC 3192. But this must be done when the warehous is open. We will just email you and give you a time the goods can be collected.
Hire & Buy together
- With a hire, we can deliver both the hire items & the items you have brought from our party shop. Then you receive everything you require for your party at the same time.
- Orders can be split – we can post out some items when you place the order and then deliver the hire items the date we have organised. Please note you will be paying a delivery charge twice for breaking up the delivery.
Cancelling a party and changing dates
- If cancelling your order, we need 7 days notice. We will then refund 50% off the payment too you. Parties that cancel the order in under, 7 days we will not refund.
- The date of your party can be changed, but please be aware that the items that you may have booked might be allocated for another event. We will do our best to work with you to accommodate your original order, but please be aware that some things in your booking may have to change.
Refund & returns policy.
- On items brought from your shop, we can refund on faulty or damaged goods as long as you
- i. Pay for the parcel to be returned to us, via Registered Australia Post to P/O Box 678, Toorak, Victoria, 3142. The item must be packed in such a way as the goods are safely going to travel to us. You must contact us about the return.
- ii. All items must be in original condition & packaging upon return, unopened, undamaged.
- iii. Returning faulty or damaged goods must happen within 7 days of delivery too you.
- iv. In order to refund for damaged or faulty goods, we will need your bank details as we do not keep them on file.
- v. If have a minor fault, we will still require the item to be returned to us via Registered Australia Post. Before sending we need a photo of the faulty goods emailed through to us.
- vi. We do not refund if you provide us with a wrong address and the goods get delivered to a different address. If the parcel is returned to us, then we will resend it out to you but you will be re-charged the freight costs. Australia Post will automatically email you the tracking number of your delivery. Use this number to track your goods to insure that they are delivered to you.
- vii. We do not refund to the customer if they have ordered the wrong thing or the customer has changed their mind.
- viii. If an item is out of stock, we can contact you with a suggested alternative or inform you when the goods will be back in stock. You will not be charged for items that are out of stock. We can delay your shipment if you need all items to ship at once. If the shipment is split, you will pay to delivery charges via Registered Australia Post.
- ix. If a refund is processed through a third party (for example – Pay Pal) we will accept no responsibility for any delays in processing the refund payment through the third party.
Delivery and pickup
- Our warehouse is based in Cheltenham, Melbourne. We can deliver and collect the goods to you throughout Melbourne. Delivery charges will vary depending on the area you live. If your area is either outside our normal delivery area or in a hard to access location, we can deliver with an additional charge.
- Items can be collected from our Cheltenham warehouse, we just need to book in a time with you. If the collection is outside our showroom opening hours, there will be an additional charge for store collection of $60.00.
- When picking up form the showroom, please insure that your car or van is large enough to hold the tables of 2mtrs long. You are financially liable for any damage, breakage or chipping to our hire items.
- All deliveries are through a contractor.
What age are the tables & chairs suitable for?
- Our chairs and tables are suitable for ages 2 up to age 8. We suggest for the younger children you use a chair with arms, as it is easier for them to sit upright.
- Tables hold 8 to 10 chairs comfortably.
Washing & cleaning goods
- Please return goods as clean as possible.
- Tables, Chairs and other hire items – please wipe down tables & chairs removing anything sticky on them.
- Table cloths – Please do not wash table cloths, just place into our cleaning bag, but please insure that the table cloth is dry when placed into the bag.
Styling your party
- Our delivery driver will just deliver the goods and place them in the spot that you require them to be placed.
- We can style your party, but this would be an additional cost once we know your requirements we can give you a quote for doing the party for you.
- Though we understand that we hire a product for children and accidents happen, you are financially liable for any damage, chipping, breakage or loss of goods. All hire stock will have a security deposit of $100.00, on the rental agreement there is a list of replacement pricing. This deposit is refunded on the goods being returned in the same condition as they were received.
- We accept - Visa, Mastercard and Bankcard, via ANZ egate. Which is a safe & secure way of paying for your goods.
- We also accept these cards via - Pay Pal.
- If you accept our quote and wish too, you can also pay for your goods via direct debit into our bank account.
- Please note – we will only ship goods once payment has been processed and funds made available into our bank account