Lolly bags given at the end of parties are so 2000's. Carts and buffets have become one of the most popular party accessories in the past few years. Not only are they beautiful to look at but your party guests can now go up and choose how many, and what lollies they want! This keeps everyone happy! If you would like to make one of these lolly arrangements for your next party, but do not know where to begin, keep reading below!
- Decide on your colour theme. The colour of your lolly buffet will echo the overall theme of your party.
- Pick the type of lollies and chocolate you want. The most popular lollies are jellybeans, M&Ms and Twizzlers. Make sure you comply with any allergy or food requirements. You may need to seek out gluten or nut free options from a specialised store.
- Bulk up your lolly buffet with small individual baked goods such as cupcakes and cookies. You can make these yourself or alternatively have them made for you by companies that such as Burnt Butter Cakes.
- Begin to buy or hire all the aesthetics needed to pull the cart or buffet together. This is where we come in!
You will need:
- A table or cart. Both of which you can hire from Mini Party People
- Table cloth
- Lolly jars - we suggest choosing different heights and shapes to add dimension to your lolly buffet and give it that wow factor. We provide small, medium and large jars for your choosing.
- Cupcake stands or bucket turntables
- Lolly scoops to place in each jar.
- Lolly bags to put the lollies in.
- Decorative tags or blackboards to write what lollies or ingredients are in each jar.
- Decorations such as scatter pieces, balloons, streamers, party signs, garlands. It is all up to you!
- Get creative and start placing and arranging all your items on the table until you are happy with how they look. There is no right or wrong way to do this, just enjoy yourself and have fun!